The Downtown Arcadia Improvement Association will be hosting a Pokémon Go Lure festival on Friday, Sept. 23, from 3-7 p.m. in Downtown Arcadia (First Avenue and Huntington Drive).
Pokémon Go players will have a chance to catch Pokémon at 10 lured stops between. There are also 3 Pokémon Go gyms in Downtown Arcadia.
Several Downtown Arcadia businesses will be offering special deals for players:
- Hyper Coffee will offer two-for-one smoothies.
- First Cabin (for players 21 and over) will provide charging stations and free water.
- Hanfu Lee DDS will be giving out a free gift.
- Matt Denny’s Ale House will provide a discount on appetizers for players on the go.
- Pok-a-dots will offer charging stations plus 10%-40% off everything in store.
- The Arcadia Chamber of Commerce will be at Arcadia Transit Plaza offering a special ticket price to Taste of Arcadia, which features several Downtown Arcadia restaurants.
- The Arcadia Historical Society will be on hand to give some history on the landmarks used in the game as Poké Stops.
- Burger Barn will provide a special meal-deal offer for hungry players.
- Denny’s restaurant will have free pancakes for kids 10 and under.
Other participating businesses:
- Emerald Day Spa
- Law offices of April A. Verlato, which will host an information booth.
- Neighborhood Music School
- The Book Rack
Stay tuned on the Downtown Facebook page for updates.